Bowral











I stumbled across some forgotten photos from a little weekend getaway at Bowral winter last year in my photos folder. Looking back at these photos I'm really itchy to get away from Sydney again now!

I have been to Bowral several times but this particular trip was extra special because we visited a family farm and got to feed and cuddle some animals! Pigs, alpacas, lambs, southern highland cows, bunnies and guinea pigs. I've never cows before but this was the first southern highland cow I've seen in my life. She was super cool and cute and also huge. The alpacas are of course always winning everyone's heart. That bunny in the photo though... oh dear, the fur is so so soft and doesn't it just look like one of those from the Disney cartoons? Best short trip ever.

In case you're wondering, we joined the farm tour organised by Food Path at that time, and here are some more photos of us on their blog :)

My other recommendations in Bowral: visit antique stores - amongst a lot of them Dirty Jane and Lancelot Hills are a must and go to Bowral Lookout.

Eat: Elephant Boy, Raw & Wild, Red Tree Cafe. We actually stayed and had dinner at Biota Dining as well to celebrate Jo's birthday. But my honest opinion.. I think that place is a little over rated.

Stay: I have been staying at Blue Bird Escape at Canyonleigh several times. Canyonleigh is about half an hour drive from Bowral. Amazing house, big space to fit in 10 people, very cosy and with back yard view of the hills all for yourself.

Comments

Post a Comment